Kantar and Google launch independent brand lift measurement of YouTube ads
As part of Kantar’s Project Moonshot, migration to Google’s Ads Data Hub now enables marketers to assess YouTube ad performance across all devices and platforms without the use of pixels.
With immediate effect, advertisers can independently measure ad campaign performance on YouTube, across all devices and platforms, through Kantar’s Brand Lift Insights, the world’s leading ad effectiveness measurement solution, with a normative database of more than 25,000 digital campaigns.
Ads Data Hub allows advertisers to understand how their advertising is performing across screens, including mobile apps, through aggregated insights from Google ad platforms, including YouTube, Google Ads and Display & Video 360.
Project Moonshot is the first advertising industry initiative to establish direct data integrations with the world’s major digital publishers and apps and provides advertisers with cookie-less and privacy-centric methodologies to measure ad effectiveness. Project Moonshot was established to achieve three industry-wide goals:
- The creation of a privacy-centric, next-generation data and technology platform to migrate the industry from cookie-based measurement to direct publisher integrations.
- Independent cross-publisher ad effectiveness measurement across all publishers within a media plan, including polling solutions for walled garden environments and cross-publisher campaigns.
- 95% of global digital ad spend to be represented, by integrating 250 publishers into cross-publisher measurement on the platform by the end of 2021.
Jane Ostler, Kantar’s Global Head of Advertising Effectiveness, says, “We know that advertisers prefer cross-publisher ad effectiveness measurement, and today’s announcement is a further giant step in that direction.”
“Our Media Reactions research shows that almost two thirds (65%) of advertisers plan to increase their online video ad spend in 2021, and we know that YouTube is rated as a popular video platform by advertisers. Moving this integration with Google from beta-test to general availability is a major milestone both for Kantar and Google, and for the world’s advertisers, who can now better justify their advertising budgets using proven third-party effectiveness measurement.”
“In this tough COVID-19 business environment where almost two-thirds (61%) of companies have reduced their marketing spend by an average of 36.7%, understanding effectiveness has never been more vital.”
Kantar’s Brand Lift Insights, integrating measurement data from Ads Data Hub for YouTube ads, is available immediately in the US and is being piloted in an additional 15 markets around the world.
About Kantar: Kantar is the world’s leading evidence-based insights and consulting company. We have a complete, unique and rounded understanding of how people think, feel and act; globally and locally in over 90 markets. By combining the deep expertise of our people, our data resources and benchmarks, our innovative analytics and technology, we help our clients understand people and inspire growth.
Notes to editors:
Kantar Global Business Compass study available at Kantar.com
This announcement builds on an unrivalled pedigree in the media industry. Kantar helps clients navigate media decisions to grow great brands. To date, Kantar has utilised its panel of over 25 million consumers who track how they respond to advertising to conduct:
- Effectiveness measurement of over 25,000 digital campaigns
- Effectiveness measurement of over 2,000 CrossMedia campaigns
- Over 700 Connect touchpoint planning studies
- 500 digital studies utilising Context Lab – an AI-based tool that measures effectiveness of adverts in different environments.
- Over 200,000 Link ad tests.
The progress on creating an industry-standard for ad effectiveness builds on Kantar’s global reputation as a proven independent third-party provider of ‘currency-grade’ measurement. Kantar already provides ‘currency-grade’ data in:
- Measurement of advertising spend, tracking 96% of all ad spend globally.
- TV ratings in more than 50 countries, including real-time ratings in Brazil, Argentina, and across Latin America.
- The global FMCG/CPG industry with grocery market share in 45 countries, including daily data in some countries and total retail spend’ market share in the UK thanks to the recent Worldpanel+ launch. Worldpanel+ capabilities extending to China, Brazil and France next.
- The provider of national and supra-national-level statics for Governments and Administrations around the world.